1. What are the objectives of the Cyber Defenders Discovery Camp (CDDC) 2020?
CDDC 2020 aims to raise awareness and nurture interest among students in
2. Who is eligible for CDDC 2020?
All full-time students from local junior colleges, Integrated Programme (IP) schools (Year 5 and 6) and Institutes of Technical Education are welcome to register for the camp.
All full-time students from local universities (undergraduates) and polytechnics are welcome to sign up for the camp.
3. Are there any prerequisites to take part in the camp?
None, as training will be provided.
4. I have taken part in a previous CDDC. Am I eligible to take part in the camp again?
Yes. You are welcome to sign up again, as the format and competition challenges will be different from past editions of the camp.
Formation of Team
5. Why is there a need to form a team?
During the competition, you will work together in teams to take part in various challenges and pit your collective skills against other teams.
6. What is the size and composition of each team?
Each team should comprise four members, of which at least two members should be Singapore citizens. This applies to both the JC/IP/ITE and Uni/Poly categories.
7. Can students from different schools form a team?
Yes, as long as the participants are registering for the same category (JC/IP/ITE or Uni/Poly).
8. I am interested to register for the camp, but I am unable to form a
team. What should I do?
You can register as an individual or as a group of two or three. The organisers will help you form a team with other registrants where possible.
9. Can a participating team make changes to the team composition after
Yes. The team will be required to submit the request (including justification(s)) to the organisers at email@example.com
by 17 May 2020. All requests will be subject to the organisers’ approval.
10. Where can I register for the camp?
Registration for CDDC has closed, and successful registrants have been notified via email by 19 May 2020.
11. Is there a registration fee?
12. Is there a selection process after registration?
As there are limited places in the camp, there may be a selection process after registration closes. Successful registrants have been notified by 19 May 2020.
13. I heard about BrainHack 2020 and Today I Learned (TIL) – AI Camp. What are these and how are they related to CDDC?
BrainHack 2020 is a unique, hands-on experience into the swiftly evolving world of digital tech, where you can dive deep into the exciting realms of cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence (AI), satellite technologies, app development, fake news detection, 3D printing, and more!
TIL is one of the activities under BrainHack. To find out more, click here.
14. Will I be able to take part in both CDDC and TIL camps?
No, as both camps are held concurrently. Participants may rank their choices within the registration form.
For further enquiries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.